Re: Should Firefox stay the default browser in Fedora Workstation?

Michael, your points are all true and essentially unassailable. As an Openbox user I confess myself out of touch with usability issues in GNOME, and as a lazy user I confess myself out of touch with upstream. Perhaps I will play with newer versions of Epiphany later to see how it goes.

But I guess for all my blabbering it boils down exactly to what you mentioned: Epiphany isn't quite ready. If upstream is as good as I've been hearing, I actually do think there's some hope. I only worry that some along-for-the-ride users will grumble at Firefox being shunted out, ideology or no. Mozilla has had a long time to polish Firefox and give it (less platform-independent usability) that GNOME Web hasn't quite gotten to.

All the same, Stephen's link looks very promising, recalling the complaint about upstream not working enough with the Fedora team. I hope we can get some dialogue going. This is healthy discussion.

I add an apology: I think my not using GNOME might be glossed over, but I was very remiss not to investigate upstream Epiphany builds. Sorry. I live under a rock.