Re: Should Firefox stay the default browser in Fedora Workstation?

Fair points all around, Diogo. I completely forgot about the GUI front-end. And I have been rather blind to upstream since I assume package maintainers keep things pretty up-to-date. I think others have addressed concerns about GTK2 &c, but I guess I have to concede the closed software. There isn't much to say about that except for usability: if Mozilla wants to play the usability game, it can't always turn its nose up at codecs, Flash (which hopefully the web is moving away from), or DRM. And I suspect not supporting all these (save for Flash, or dirty Gstreamer plugins? not entirely sure) plays a part in Epiphany's continued role as an underdog relative to Firefox. I suspect much the same for the zealously ideal-centered Trisquel users, and perhaps in a broader view many of the stricter approaches to free software.

I don't think we are owed anything by Mozilla, given their weighty task across all platforms (something something open web), so I can't say anything about upstream apparently snubbing Fedora. Compared to the snippets about why Chrome/ium isn't packaged for Fedora, I think Firefox should surely be one of our better options.

I add, also without sarcasm (I'm very wordy but I really, really hope my sincerity comes across), that this is just my opinion. If everyone else calls for Epiphany to supplant Firefox, I guess there must be some very good reasons (currently beyond my grasp). I hope that someone will change my view if this is so.