Re: Fedora.next Product Branding

On Fri, May 23, 2014 at 9:02 AM, drago01 <drago01@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, May 23, 2014 at 2:52 PM, Josh Boyer <jwboyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> No.
>>
>> Why don't you think so?  (One word answers don't continue conversation.)
>
> Because it could cause confusion among users and vendors, weaken the
> fedora brand as such
> and does not seem to solve any real issue anyway.
> Its better to ask the one that proposes a change to justify it
> instead of the one that says that it should not be changed.

Maybe we are thinking of different ends of what "separate logo" means.
 I was thinking more along the lines of:

http://blog.linuxgrrl.com/2014/05/22/fedora-next-brand-concept-1/

which isn't a _replacement_ for the Fedora logo, but seems complimentary to it.

>>> Sure whats the point of having a fedora product that is not on the
>>> fedora website ..
>>
>> I think the answer is more nuanced than that, and largely depends on
>> what Products are actually approved.  For now, I agree that having the
>> existing 3 Products on the website makes sense.

>>> No, shouldn't be needed product do not really overlap.
>>
>> I disagree here.  I think having a unique website (or landing page)
>> might very well be worthwhile.  Dismissing this seems premature.
>
> What content would the workstation specific website have that is worth
> the effort
> of having a separate website? A page that explains what workstation is
> after selecting or clicking on
> the workstation might make sense tough.

"Website" in the full definition of a separately hosted entity
entirely is a lot of overhead, yeah.  However, a unique URL might be
useful as a landing page for people looking for a specific product.
Again, I think there's a broad range of options here and dismissing it
without exploring them seems premature.

josh