Re: Draft v2 Workstation WG Governance Charter

On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 09:56:57 -0500,
  Josh Boyer <jwboyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Well, that's one of the main intentions behind calling it the
Workstation Work Group.  We want to encourage participation from a
broad set of contributors.  Also, I don't think we've actually
officially decided on a base DE.  I expect, as you seem to, that we
would go with GNOME but we haven't actually talked about that elephant
in the room yet.

I am not that worried about which desktop is picked. I'm going to continue using the desktop I use regardless. However, I expect most of the improvements that come from this process to help all desktops (though perhaps with some lag).