Announcing the Workstation Working Group

The initial Fedora Workstation Working Group has been formed and
ratified by FESCo as of yesterday.  FESCo has appointed me as the
coordinator and I am pleased to announce the following people as
members of the initial voting group:

Owen Taylor: He will be able to discuss upstream Gnome plans and adds
a lot of knowledge on desktop interactions.

Kalev Lember: He will be able to provide community focused input and
feedback into what is needed for a successful workstation product.

Christoph Wickert: Long time Fedora member, will bring experience from
both XFCE and LXDE desktop environments. Can help with
inter-operability aspects between DEs, etc.

Lukáš Tinkl: Long time core KDE developer. Will be able to provide
feedback and insight into that DE as well as what that class of user
looks for in a workstation.

Jens Petersen: Will add i8n and developer experience to the team,
helping the workstation product in those areas.

Ryan Lerch: Fedora Design representative. Will help with UI and design
experience.

Matthias Clasen: GNOME desktop team lead. Lots of experience with
Fedora and GNOME in a variety of aspects.

Christian Schaller: Desktop manager and Fedora packager. Brings a good
knowledge of workstation products.

Josh Boyer: Coordinator.

While the above people are the initial voting members, I want to
strongly stress that we are looking for participation from anyone
wishing to produce a high quality Workstation product.  This is
especially true if you are a member of another group that will be
impacted, such as QA, rel-eng, etc.

Logistics

We are still working out details on our meeting times and IRC
channels.  For the time being, we will be using the
desktop@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx for our mailing list.  Once we get
further details worked out, we'll announce them here and on that list.

Thanks!

josh