Re: Fedup to f20 didn't automatically pull down gnome-software

On Wed, Oct 02, 2013 at 17:40:31 -0400,
  Matthew Miller <mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, Oct 02, 2013 at 04:26:35PM -0500, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
On Wed, Oct 02, 2013 at 17:21:57 -0400,
>I assume it might breach some packaging policy, but why not have a 'desktop' rpm which requires all other packages we consider part of the desktop for a given release? That way when we add new applications like this we just add it as a dependency of the desktop package?
Because if it is not necessary then it causes problems for people
who want to run systems without them (perhaps to keep the disk
footprint small). We have put in temporary requires to accomplish
this, but temporary in this context is two releases since we support
(more or less) skipping one release.

In that case, can't you just remove the metapackage?

If you made a separate meta package. Note the meta package would also have to be installed in the prior release, so it wouldn't solve both problems in this particular case.