Re: Fedora Logo on the login screen

On 03/22/2013 11:53 AM, Lynn Dixon wrote:
I would be interested in becoming a triager, but I am not sure what to do or how to get started.
I am also interested in starting to triage some of the Fedora desktop bugs

Generally, there is the BugZapper SIG[1] for general bug triage.

However, to focus on triaging Desktop(GNOME) bugs in fedora specifically, I have created a page with the vision to set up a plan under the Desktop pages[2] to start a triage regiment.

cheers,
ryanlerch

[1] - https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers
[2] - https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Desktop/BugTriaging

On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 11:43 AM, Bill Nottingham <notting@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:notting@xxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Tom Callaway (tcallawa@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:tcallawa@xxxxxxxxxx>) said:
    > On 03/21/2013 03:09 PM, Ray Strode wrote:
    > > It's not a good use of time compared to addressing customer
    issues, doing development, and fixing bugs.

    > In the context of Fedora, user == customer. They are putting their
    > issues into bugzilla.redhat.com <http://bugzilla.redhat.com>.
    >
    > I do not believe that you (or Bastien) or anyone is ignoring
    user issues
    > with their packages. Nor am I saying that triaging every bug is
    always
    > possible. That said, if you prefer to work these issues
    upstream, it is
    > a necessary evil to do some triaging.

    Honestly, this screams for a need for dedicated Fedora triagers,
    but that's
    tricky to do unless we have some really excited volunteers show up
    in the
    SIGs.

    Bill