Re: Fedora Logo on the login screen

Hi,

----- Original Message -----
> FWIW, triaging bugs counts as addressing bugs, in my opinion. I
> recognize that there is a wide range of opinions as to where the bug
> work should be done, but at a minimum, pointing Fedora bugs to the
> appropriate upstream bug meets any definition of responsible
> maintainership.

Triaging bugzilla can be a fulltime job in and of itself. In fact, Red Hat has hired fulltime triagers before! Bugzilla can basically take as much time as someone is willing to give it. Making sure every bug filed gets triaged and moved upstream is absolutely not some baseline minimium measure of responsible maintainership. Everyone has priorities and bugzilla should be slotted in appropriately. Triaging the important bugs makes sense and is very important, but triaging every bug should be a non-goal. It's not a good use of time compared to addressing customer issues, doing development, and fixing bugs.

Bugzilla is a tool to help the project, it's not an obligatory monkey on the back of package maintainers.

--Ray