Re: Fedora Logo on the login screen

On 03/19/2013 02:38 PM, Bill Nottingham wrote:
<snip>
... which, since many distributors of GNOME need to account for this case,
seems reasonable enough reason to have that space reserved in both the
login screen and any boot-time display (e.g. plymouth) already for a logo,
and for Fedora to put its logo there.

Bill

Yes, indeed. Any login, whether gdm, kdm, lightdm, or whatever should have a reserved space for a decent sized logo. And, if they really want to be user/distro considerate, allow it to be--get ready for this--easily customizable even by the end-user.

It just seems to me that this whole thing has been over thought and debated. I bet some smart code savvy folks come up with a hack to allow a decent logo that can be easily seen.

--
Regards,
OldFart