Re: laughlin-backgrounds-gnome size increase

On Sat, Oct 16, 2010 at 18:49:12 +0200,
  Martin Sourada <martin.sourada@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The important xml for it to appear in backgrounds-chooser is this one:
> /usr/share/gnome-background-properties/desktop-backgrounds-laughlin.xml
> the xml that is selected as default background is this:
> /usr/share/backgrounds/laughlin/default/laughlin.xml
>
> The gnome-desktop(3) requires is because it explicitly selects the
> background (in gconf schema file) to be
> /usr/share/backgrounds/laughlin/default/laughlin.xml
>
> I'm really not sure how to handle here two different defaults...

I don't think there is a good way to have two defaults. I am hoping there
is a way to have one default that falls back to using different images
if the primary ones aren't available. The idea would be to use the
time of day background with the fallbacks all being the images in the
-single package (so the appearance would be constant, but the same
xml file could be used). I doubt that feature is there, but I am trying
to find more information.

> How it's done in spins with different default wallpaper (I believe the
> education or security have one)?

There are ways to run scripts as part of the builds. I don't exactly how
they implemented that though. However, different isn't enough. The package
needs to be removalable. And given that it is removable, it needs to work
sanely outside of the spins.