Re: laughlin-backgrounds-gnome size increase

On Sat, 2010-10-16 at 11:27 -0500, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 16, 2010 at 17:58:22 +0200,
>   Martin Sourada <martin.sourada@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Sat, 2010-10-16 at 10:42 -0500, Bruno Wolff III wrote:

> > > I think we might also want to add laughlin-backgrounds-gnome to the
> > > desktop-gnome comps group as a default package, so that people get
> > > the full set of backgrounds by default when installing.
> > I believe they get it as it's required by gnome-desktop(3). Try
> > yum-removing it ;-)
>
> Part of my proposal was changing that. If we do that, then I think we
> need it in comps.
>
> The xml file is an issue though. Is there a way to do conditional code in
> that file? Otherwise it looks like having a different default depending
> on whether or not laughlin-backgrounds-gnome installed is going to be
> difficult.
The important xml for it to appear in backgrounds-chooser is this one:
/usr/share/gnome-background-properties/desktop-backgrounds-laughlin.xml
the xml that is selected as default background is this:
/usr/share/backgrounds/laughlin/default/laughlin.xml

The gnome-desktop(3) requires is because it explicitly selects the
background (in gconf schema file) to be
/usr/share/backgrounds/laughlin/default/laughlin.xml

I'm really not sure how to handle here two different defaults...

How it's done in spins with different default wallpaper (I believe the
education or security have one)?

Martin