Re: sudo by default?

On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 3:56 PM, William Jon McCann
<william.jon.mccann@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hey,
>
> So what is our view of setting up sudo by default for standalone
> systems?  Probably has some relationship with the systems on which we
> prevent root logins.
>
> It is worth noting that many of us have to set up ourselves each time
> we install Fedora.  Might be nice if something like it was done by
> default.
>
> Is sudo the right answer or should we be thinking about pkexec?  Thoughts?

I encounter large numbers of users who are comfortable with sudo but
also many who dislike it for various reasons. I don't want to debate
the merits of sudo vs. other options but would be happiest with
(possibly in addition to other pk and selinux changes) just enabling
the wheel group which would allow users of both sudo and su to have
non-disrupted workflows. The sudoers and pam.d/su files have
enablement of wheel group support already available in comments and I
imagine almost everyone already tweaks one or the other when
configuring their systems.

John