Re: PulseAudio

On 2/27/07, David Zeuthen <davidz@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Every single watt counts. Ever wondered why you get less battery
run-time when running Linux?

If we are talking about a watt.  Or a milliwatt.  What if we're
talking about 100uWatt?  Is it worth it then?  Again, those USB sound
devices are on the touchy side and a notebook is even more likely to
be using one...

All this talk about a system-wide PulseAudio sounds interesting but from
what I've seen in the Fedora repositories this is a bit from what we've
got today. In particular I'm concerned about labeling streams etc. from
different users and ensuring they can't interfere with each other. It
would be really good with a mail going into technical details about
this. Thanks.

Well, it would be on the Wiki if I actually had any edit permissions,
which I don't...

Monty