Re: Modern File Heirarchy

I agree that the traditional hierarchy isn't all that obvious, but it's not
all that bad either. The way forward isn't incremental mucking with what
things are called, but in rethinking the basic assumptions of the model.
(Start with "why a hierarchy?")

Doing away with the hierarchy reminds me of the way that macs try to
sweep the actual file system under the rug and hide it behind a gui.
That might be fine for dumb end users but as a power user it totally
turns me off.

--
Bryan Livingston