Unfocused Nautilus Selection Color with Bluecurve

I've occasionally run into a situation where I mistake an unfocused Nautilus window in the background as the focused foreground window. The window title bar with Bluecurve makes a strong distinction between focused and unfocused windows, which is great.

However, if you have icons selected in the *unfocused* window, you may notice that the unfocused icon selection color (that masks the icons, and becomes the background color of the icon title text) is very close to the icon selection color in *focused* windows.

The two colors are different, but not by much. I would like to suggest making the unfocused icon selection color more significantly different than the focused icon selection color. Perhaps a bit lighter, and gray instead of blue (like the window title bar change).

I've put together a screenshot illustrating focused and unfocused Nautilus windows and example swatches of the two colors in question: http://actsofvolition.com/images/screenshots/bluecurve-selection-focus.png

I haven't worked on Gnome themes before, but some help and digging around turned up that this color is easy to change. In my Fedora Core 2 install, the color is on line #36 of the file /usr/share/themes/Bluecurve/gtk-2.0/gtkrc

I'm experimenting using a gray color (#b5b5b5) for a few days on my own machine.

Depending on feedback to this post (welcome and encouraged), I'll file a bug (and maybe a patch).

Steven Garrity