Re: Preventing spammers from infiltrating the Red Hat mailing lists

David Cary Hart wrote:

On Wed, 2005-04-13 at 12:36 -0400, William M. Quarles wrote:

If you would like to see the Red Hat newsgroup mirrors have encrypted
e-mail addresses, please reply to this topic and discuss.  If you are
even more brave (important since some of these lists are high-volume and
not everything gets read), please contact your list administrator
directly at <listname-admin@xxxxxxxxxx>.  If someone knows how to get
the word out on the international lists or to their administrators
(since I don't speak multiple tongues), please do so.  If someone knows
who to contact who can make all of the newsgroups have encrypted e-mail
addresses going above all of the list administrators (maybe the person
who decided to obfuscate them all on the web archive?) please contact
him or her and let us know how to contact that person.

The problem is spam not the lists nor list management.

True but the list management could take on small step to protect all of us, so I don't see why they shouldn't do it, particularly when they have already taken a similar step on Red Hat website.