RE: partition tool

Check out QTparted.  Its a GUI front end partitioning tool.  More common with debian, but I found an RPM and installed it over the weekend (I think from ATrpms.net).

Works OK, the developer isn't doing much with it (got tired that he made no money on open source software -- go figure).  But the sources are on his site.  I tried compiling it yesterday but didn't have all the reiserfs libraries,  but the RPM seems to work in Fedora core.

But, generally, I trust the low level tools a bit better.  However, this tool is a good start at what you want.  Its a partition magic type "clone".

Dave Neff

Otto Haliburton <ottohaliburton@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> [...]

BTW, there is a difference between a low level format and formatting a disk
partition.

Make Yahoo! your home page