Re: ideas for interfaces

On Tue, Mar 29, 2005 at 06:25:56PM +0100, Paul Nasrat wrote:
> Many users will often want to install additional software from core
> Many users will often want to install additional software from extras
> ditto from non blessed repos
> addition of repositories
> removal of repositories

Thinking as an admin, I think it'd be good to separate the add/remove
package functionality from the add/remove repo part.

That doesn't neca mean it shouldn't be in the same program, but there should
be a clear separation. And the discussion (here, or on the desktop list -- I
forget) about allowing packages with approved signatures to be installed
without needing the root password sorta pushes for separate programs.

> notification (updates available)

Also, again thinking as an admin, notification (updates applied).

--
Matthew Miller           mattdm@xxxxxxxxxx        <http://www.mattdm.org/>