Re: system-logviewer redo

> Another idea is to do what I saw years ago on a system log viewer on a
> mainframe where warnings and alerts have special colors and stay glued
> in the list when they have scrolled to the top and only vanish when
> acknowledged. I don't know whether it's feasible to mimic the exact
> behaviour of that list widget (well, probably "tidget" because it was on
> a 3270 terminal ;-), but we could at least have a list of unacknowledged
> alerts and warnings on top of the normal list.

The process I think you mention here is the system console on MVS.
Depending on your console settings, messages flagged as critical (and
those needing action) won't scroll off the screen when additional
messages arrive.  Instead they glue to the top of the console until you
REPLY to them using their message number (e.g. REPLY 21,yes).

-jlaska