Re: Firewall configure tool

On Tue, 2004-06-15 at 15:58 -0400, Brad Smith wrote:

> > b) Does it matter if I use GTK or QT? I was thinking of using Glade.

> If you want it to be considered as a Fedora system-config-* tool, yes.
> See http://fedora.redhat.com/projects/config-tools/ for more information
> but tools should be written in Python using a gtk2 interface.

Which still states that a configuration tool for the System task
scheduler does not exist yet. This is not true anymore :)

It would be a good idea to add a section to those pages:

Here is a list of tools that would be useful but do not exist yet:
      * Partitioning - must handle RAID and LVM setup
      * DHCP server - for setting up a DHCP server
      * NIS server - for setting up an NIS server

Work in progress:
      * System task scheduler - for configuring cron and at (more
        information)
      * Firewall - configuration tool for IP Tables (something more
        finegrained than redhat-config-securitylevel) (more information)

Note about the system-config-schedule tool: It will probably be called
'gnome-schedule' on cvs.gnome.org very soon (and will of course stay
perfectly suitable as a system-config-* tool for Fedora).

--
Philip Van Hoof, Software Developer @ Cronos
home: me at freax dot org