Re: Firewall configure tool

> a) Is anyone working on such a project already?

There's been some discussion of it, though I'm not sure what the current
status is. Check these out:

http://www.redhat.com/cgi-bin/search.cgi?q=iptables+firewall&cmd=Search%21&form=extended&ul=%2Farchives%2Ffedora-config-list&m=any&ps=10&fmt=long&wm=sub&sp=1&sy=1&wf=2221&type=&GroupBySite=no

http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-config-list/2004-February/msg00021.html

The first link is to a search of the list archives for the words
iptables and firewall. It'll take a long time to load if you click it.

The second one is the beginning of the most recent thread I noticed on
the subject. Emailing the people involved is probably a good way to get
up to date and involved.

> b) Does it matter if I use GTK or QT? I was thinking of using Glade.

If you want it to be considered as a Fedora system-config-* tool, yes.
See http://fedora.redhat.com/projects/config-tools/ for more information
but tools should be written in Python using a gtk2 interface.

--Brad