system-config-schedule has been moved to gnome-schedule

Hi there Fedories and GNOME hackies,

The system-config-schedule application has been moved to another name
and another location.

The name of the application is now gnome-schedule.

It's hosted on cvs.gnome.org and sourceforge.

The module itself, currently in progress of redoing the build
environment, is located here:
http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/gnome-schedule/. People who want to make
contributions should first read the README.cvs and/or HACKING file which
you can find at the root of the project-tree.

It's homepage is not set up yet but will be located at:
http://gnome-schedule.sourceforge.net/, Gaute Hope is working on this
(or will be tomorrow and this weekend).

A fresh release will be submitted to sourceforge as soon as the build
environment is set up correctly (atm it's using a build environment much
like how most Fedora's system-config-* tools are configured for
building, which is not 100% correct in many cases).

Plans are to transform gnome-schedule into a application that will work
on any platform with both a GNOME and a crontab implementation.

Other plans (which Gaute Hope is investigating and working on) are to
support the 'at' scheduling. Gaute is soon going to branch gnome-
schedule to start working on this support. As soon as this is finished
he will merge the feature in the MAIN trunk. I proposed the branch-tag
name AT-SUPPORT-BRANCH. People interested in this work should contact
Gaute Hope <eg at gaute dot eu dot org>.

Off topic: The system-config-samba fork is still located here:
http://cvs.freax.be/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/system-config-samba/. You can
also get this version by getting a checkout of the fedora cvs, and
applying the patch that I've posted here a few weeks ago.

Lets build this thing [check]
Lets create an icon for it, hehe [check]
Lets get it hosted at a location [check]
Lets create some stupid website for it [in progress]
Lets get this thing into a usable state [in progress]
Lets create a bugzilla service for it (at gnome) [in progress]
Lets release another release candidate [planned]
Lets translate the tool [in progress]
Lets add support for 'at' scheduling [in progress]
Lets release a first final version [planned]
Lets create some packages and find somebody to yum-mirror it [planned]

People who want to jump in and help us: Yes, that would be GREAT! Don't
hesitate, noo don't hesitate at all! Yeah, sure we can use your help!
After all: We DO are the OpenSource community, you _will_ be
assimilated! Resistance is futile!

--
Philip Van Hoof, Software Developer @ Cronos
home: me at freax dot org