Re: Official proposal for system-config-schedule

On Sun, 2004-06-06 at 19:32 +0200, Philip Van Hoof wrote:
> - We need a location to host these sources, like a CVS. We are hoping
> that RedHat can provide us this service? If not we assume RedHat nor
> Fedora is interested in our work and we will be forced to use our own
> solution for this. Which is not a real problem, but it would be more fun
> if we can host it the proper way.

We have set up our own temporary location (as we really do need a CVS
service asap). We can backup/restore the repository once a better
location is ready.

http://cvs.freax.be/cgi-bin/cvsweb/system-config-schedule/

I have not set-up an anonymous login (nor will) for the simple reason:
security of my own server.

Note to people on the list: You can ask me for an account if you want to
contribute very soon.

On Mon, 2004-06-07 at 09:33 -0700, Shannon --jj Behrens wrote:
> Dude, there's no need to get so aggressive about this.  A *lot* of
> RedHat related things are put on SourceForge these days.  SourceForge
> really is a great service.

I don't see any aggressiveness in what I said. It's just my way of
expressing the urgency of the need for such a service. And yes, really:
if Fedora/RedHat ain't interested in the work then I really don't want
to loose my time with Fedora specific issues either. I don't see whats
wrong with that. So it's just explaining my thoughts, not trying to be
aggressive. It's what I want to say, period. It's not even being
impolite, just my thoughts. Nothing more nothing less. Don't start
shooting at me for it...dude.

Secondly I dislike using sourceforge for various reasons. Gaute
expressed similar feelings about the sourceforge services. So I decided
to quickly configure a temporary CVS service on my own servers. It's
possible (and an option that we are evaluating) for us, however, to move
the project to sourceforge..yes.

--
Philip Van Hoof, Software Developer @ Cronos
home: me at freax dot org