Re: BitTorrent based update mechanism

However, if BT is going to be used as an update protocol in this manner, we need such a mechanism to help the reliability of the service. I am uncertain what, if any, plans have been made towards implementing this, but I would expect that any updating mechanism would implement their own BT client, so that they would be in control of how things work entirely, and as such, they would be able to use any features that fit their needs.

Elliott Wilcoxon

P.S. Do you have a link to some of the multi-tracker discussions that Bram took part in? I'd like to take a read.

Al Sutton wrote:
I followed the discussions relating got multi-tracker capabilities and Bram
(The author of the offical client) was very anti-it, so again it's unlikley
it'll be supported by all clients.

I'll definatley put a note in for v2 of the paper though.

Regards,

AL.