Re: iptables gui

Quoting "Timothy A. Chagnon" <tchagnon@xxxxxxxxx>:
> My primary intentions for using a forge were to give the project a
> permanent, third-party home and be able to use the management features
> such as task delegation and news and website. We could keep the mailing
> list here, and the source at Jeff's site and still use the forge for
> those things, if everyone thinks these tools would be helpful.  If we
> start adding more people to do mundane tasks, this will be very helpful.
> Update: I just had lunch with Tanner (TriLUG admin) and they're willing
> to move to Subversion for us.  The bonus of this is that we won't have
> to deal with administrating it ourselves, and the code will have a
> permanent home if any of us decides to move on later.

Jeff said he was on a DSL, which I think would make for a suboptimal public-use
repository. My servers are dedicated, but I assume that your LUG has a
professional setup as well if they're making a devel forge out of it, so I
think your place is as good as mine. The things that we need (that I assume you
can provide) are:

* Code repository
* Bugzilla-style problem tracker
* Web site

We need user-level authentication, particularly for tracking who does what.
We'll probably need the ability to create multiple administrators for when one
goes on vacation, or whatever. And we'll likely need to be able to give
multiple users permission to edit the web site. I envision using the web site
not just for communication with the public, but also for communication between
ourselves in situations where posting to the mailing list wouldn't be
appropriate.

For our code repository, I know a lot about CVS, and I know more than enough to
make me hate it. But I still use it for almost everything. Grrrrr.. I enough
enough about subversion to set it up, but I know very little about svn
administration. All the little nuances, like automatically tagging .png files
as binary, that I currently do with cvs are beyond me with svn. I really like
that it versions meta-information about files, though, like moving and copying.
I could get used to it once I get better with it. File access is a bit slower
because it goes over HTTP, though.

-tylerl