Realtek 8169 NIC Device in Fedora Core 1

I have the AMD64 on a Gigabyte motherboard with built in Realtek 8169. I had RedHat 9 installed and it worked fine. When I stalled Fedora Core 1, the rtl8169 was still listed as the hardware device in the network configuration tool, but it was inactive and would not activate. I decided to delete it and re-add it. When I tried to add it I found out that the 8169 was not in the hardware device list.

The Fedora HCL refers to the RedHat 9 HCL. The RTL8169 is listed in the RedHat 9 HCL. Why is it not available in the Fedora Core distribution?  Do I have to recompile the Fedora kernel to add it in?