Re: [Fedora-config-list] Moving TradeMark thread to fedora-config.

On Sat, 2003-11-08 at 11:54, David Farning wrote:

> Suggestion for possible renaming.
>
> rhc-*

I know this is blasphemous, coming from a Red Hat person, but why does
the Red Hat name have to be in the application at all? Sure, Red Hat
coded the initial apps in the config family, but will that be true in a
year? My suggestion is to simplify:

config-*

That way, we can get over the "oh my god, the name of the corporate
devil is in my application" nonsense and focus on creating new config
tools and enhancing the ones we already have.

It simplifies my life in Aurora as well.

~spot
---
Tom "spot" Callaway <tcallawa(a)redhat*com> LCA, RHCE
Red Hat Sales Engineer || Aurora SPARC Linux Project Leader

"The author's mathematical treatment of the conception of purpose is
novel and highly ingenious, but heretical and, so far as the present
social order is concerned, dangerous and potentially subversive. Not to
be published." -- Aldous Huxley