Re: Supplemental Wallpapers

On 10/24/2017 12:49 AM, Justin W. Flory wrote:
> On 10/24/2017 12:32 AM, buergermeister@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>> The point is the process starts before the version before it gets
>> released, with going through the dates and setting them up in Nuancier.
>> Its not just simple say, oh thats the date and this not. For making it
>> successful there is a minimal running time for it, some folks need some
>> time to recognize it. So submission phases under 6 weeks make no sense,
>> same for the voting. We tried on the begin to make the period short just
>> a week but a lot of people complained about it, so you need at least 2
>> weeks for it. In addition you have to give Luya some time for packaging
>> them. So far he does a very good job and finishes the package very fast,
>> but at least a week you have to give him to.
>>
>> So it was quiet short to do this time.
>>
>> And it looks, it will be standard for the future to have shorter cycles,
>> that might be fine on the "technical" side but for things like this its
>> contra-productive. Currently I thinking on a way how to do it in a
>> different way, so that we still can have it. My current idea is to run
>> it just yearly for several releases, but there will be some changes for
>> Nuancier needed again.
>>

> Hi Sirko, thanks for some of the background information.
>
> Can you confirm if the wiki page Mo linked earlier in the thread is
> up-to-date?
>

> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_manage_the_supplemental_wallpaper_process
>
> The supplementary elections are a lot of work. It would be a good idea
> if we can find ways to bring more contributors to get involved with this
> process and train them in the way you have managed this for the last few
> releases.
>
> If it's not up to date, could you help update the page or tell us what
> is incorrect / outdated? There's a growing effort to move some of this
> documentation out of the wiki in a more visible place in Fedora Docs.
> I'd like to help improve the documentation here and hopefully help bring
> others into the process for Fedora 28. It sounds like Charles would be a
> willing candidate to learn too.
>
> Thanks!

I apologize, I missed the confirmation in the last paragraph. Thanks for
reviewing the wiki page.

Is there a way we can spread the work of the wrangler person out across
multiple people? How could we get others involved to help with this?
Even though it isn't a problem now, someone else with a better data
connection could review the wallpapers for copyright issues to help you
with this, and also save you the data costs.

--
Cheers,
Justin W. Flory