Re: Supplemental Wallpapers

On 10/24/2017 12:32 AM, buergermeister@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> The point is the process starts before the version before it gets
> released, with going through the dates and setting them up in Nuancier.
> Its not just simple say, oh thats the date and this not. For making it
> successful there is a minimal running time for it, some folks need some
> time to recognize it. So submission phases under 6 weeks make no sense,
> same for the voting. We tried on the begin to make the period short just
> a week but a lot of people complained about it, so you need at least 2
> weeks for it. In addition you have to give Luya some time for packaging
> them. So far he does a very good job and finishes the package very fast,
> but at least a week you have to give him to.
>
> So it was quiet short to do this time.
>
> And it looks, it will be standard for the future to have shorter cycles,
> that might be fine on the "technical" side but for things like this its
> contra-productive. Currently I thinking on a way how to do it in a
> different way, so that we still can have it. My current idea is to run
> it just yearly for several releases, but there will be some changes for
> Nuancier needed again.

Hi Sirko, thanks for some of the background information.

Can you confirm if the wiki page Mo linked earlier in the thread is
up-to-date?

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_manage_the_supplemental_wallpaper_process

The supplementary elections are a lot of work. It would be a good idea
if we can find ways to bring more contributors to get involved with this
process and train them in the way you have managed this for the last few
releases.

If it's not up to date, could you help update the page or tell us what
is incorrect / outdated? There's a growing effort to move some of this
documentation out of the wiki in a more visible place in Fedora Docs.
I'd like to help improve the documentation here and hopefully help bring
others into the process for Fedora 28. It sounds like Charles would be a
willing candidate to learn too.

Thanks!

--
Cheers,