Re: Self-Introduction: Jose Danzicourt

On 08/05/2016 12:22 AM, Jose Danzicourt wrote:
Hi all!

Long time Fedora user (Began with Red Hat at '01) and this is my first time collaborating on an Open Source Project.
If you want to know more, I already told about me on the Marketing Team:
https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/marketing@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/message/PZQMZIRVWC7GYFOO7MSKBJL2IDT2BGRF/

Speaking for the Design Team:

I am a Filmmaker/Photographer who uses only FOSS software at all stages of production.
GIMP, Inkscape, Kdenlive, Krita, Darktable, Scribus... I love them and use them all the time for home and work.

I would love to help with Graphics and Videos, the Fedora community is great and giving back is exciting!

The basic first steps is checking tickets and doing them right? Then later after a few, join the discussions from the team?
I read the team wiki and it's really good explaining that, but just to make sure.

I just want to say I first heard about the team with Máirín Duffy blog, I think in 2008-09, I was always amazed with the work she could do with Fedora and only FOSS software and this inspired me a lot, I even started using more Inkscape. So thanks Máirín! You are awesome.
It's really cool to now have the possibility to do the same to other people, working with you all.

So that's it, have a good day !

Hi Jose, welcome to the Design Team mailing list. Happy to have you here with us.

Sounds like you did already look over the Join page for Design, so I won't run through everything you already looked at. An intro here on the mailing list is the first step. ;)

For general design team tickets or tasks, you can find this page with more info about what's on the agenda:

    https://fedorahosted.org/design-team/report/1

Note the header text: "If a ticket is marked as being owned by "nobody," or the owner column entry is blank, then nobody is working on it. It's free for you to claim! Please feel free to dive in and grab a task if you'd like to help!"

If Fedora Badges sound interesting to you, there are plenty of resources available for how you can get jumpstarted with those. As a novice to Fedora Design, I have a strong bias for Fedora Badges as I think they're a great way to get started and there's so many resources to help guide you through all the steps.

To see what needs artwork for badges, this link will point you to those tickets:

    https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-badges/report/10

There's also style guidelines and resources you should review before tackling your first badge too.

    https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-badges/wiki/NewBadgeGuide

    https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-badges/wiki/DesignResources

Hopefully all this info is helpful towards pointing you to the right place to get started. Should you have any questions, feel free to ask here on the mailing list or in the IRC channel. Hope to see you around the Design team in the future! :)

--
Cheers,
Justin W. Flory