Re: Fedora bootstrap homepage logo

Hi Jaromir,

On 05/25/2015 07:33 AM, Jaromir Capik wrote:
Ok, thanks for the clarification. And what to do next? I'd like
to find someone from the design team, who could create a good
looking logo for our project. Could you please point me to
someone, who's authorized to create Fedora related custom logos?
What is required from me or my team? How long does it usually
take for the designer(s) to create custom logos?

Is your project affiliated with the Fedora project (e.g., everyone working on it has signed the CLA, you have a Fedora hosted project site, does it have blessing of rel-eng, etc etc) or is it independent? I'm guessing yes it is, but asking to be sure. This status would determine whether or not we could use the Fedora trademark as a component of its logo.

I suggest you reconsider the name, as Bootstrap is a *very* popular CSS framework and we use it for the Fedora websites, so there's already a lot of stuff on search engines for 'Fedora bootstrap.' Maybe Fedora From Scratch, Fedora From Source, Fedora Source Test, something like this?

If it is a Fedora-affiliated project, you can file a logo request ticket at https://fedorahosted.org/design-team/ - we have a template we can use for Fedora-affiliated projects that would be very quick and easy (1-3 days typically depending on who has time to take the ticket.) A custom design takes longer (a couple of weeks or more) as there is a lot of back and forth wrt concept ideas and iterations of the design.

~m