Re: About nuancier

On Thu, Dec 05, 2013 at 08:50:40AM +0100, S.Kemter wrote:
>    2013/12/5 Pierre-Yves Chibon <pingou@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>      On Thu, Dec 05, 2013 at 02:09:53AM +0100, S.Kemter wrote:
>      We could make it so that you provide an email address on upload and
>      receive a
>      link to validate the address by email.
>      But that's quite a larger change.
>
>      The wiki page does not say only a valid email address but also having
>      signed CLA
>      and that I will not emulate on nuancier.
>
>    about cla we had a discussion with spot, because we had someone who wanted
>    to contribute but not sign cla, end was we dont need it. I didnt change it
>    on the wiki page.

Ok so what we could do is simply ask for a FAS account to submit a wallpaper,
remove the restriction to CLA/CLA+1

>    mail address sure its not written there as they have to submit to the wiki
>    and therefore they need an FAS account, which is connected to an mail
>    address, my problem there is I have sometimes to

Missing the end of the sentence?

>    I had to disqualify this time submissions never had to do that before

And what criteria did you use for this?

>      Is that really a problem? Do we really expect a jump in participation?
>      I mean 128 person voted on the last one, do we care if we get 200 next
>      time
>      because we did not impose CLA+1?
>      To be honest, I am not sure I mind and I would find it fair that the
>      people that
>      submit their artwork can vote on it, that, at least, you are sure your
>      submission
>      get at least one vote!
>
>    small story here, openSUSE has a system called openFATE its for feature
>    ideas. As you know openSUSE brings on DVD image all desktop they offer and
>    on installation you have to decide which one. After many complains from
>    the community KDE was unchecked, so you really had to decide which desktop
>    you want. One day a guy named Frank Karlitschek made a feature request to
>    undo that, because you can not simple click trough the installation
>    routine, guess what happend with that feature request. There was so many
>    names I really know they dont use openSUSE like Lydia Pintscher or our own
>    Lukas Tinkl voted on that, so it became reality then.

And that was a bad thing?

>    I dont think it will be simple 80 voters more, it will be more 2/3 are
>    people without cla+1, they will be the majority then. How will we prevent,
>    that somebody with a lot of friends submit something, maybe ugly and all
>    his friends vote for it? We will have it then definitely in the
>    collection.

On what ground do you judge something to be ugly or not?
As long as the criteria provided are followed, there is nothing preventing
anyone to submit something.
If that person has a lot of friends, they will all have to create a FAS account
to vote. Maybe that will attract more people to Fedora : "What is this thing I
have to create an account on to help my friend?"

And if the people from the community do not like the result of a vote and maybe
that will motivate them to vote next time (in practice I'm not sure it will
but...)

>    Show me a technically solution to prevent that and we can go for full open
>    voting.

Show me a reasonnable/non-subjective reason for not doing it :)

Cheers,
Pierre