Re: [Echo] New guide - Adding new icons

Martin Sourada wrote:
On Mon, 2008-07-14 at 10:43 +0300, Nicu Buculei wrote:
The problem with Istanbul is that is use a very low quality for Theora compression and it has no way to change that. You can use gtk-RecordMyDesktop instead (I believe it does not work with sound, so you will have to record the sound separately, Istanbul used to have the same bug) and leave the quality at 100%. The result will be a much better looking video and less CPU consumption while recording.

Thanks! That seems to be precisely what I was looking for - good-enough
output, good CPU usage and it seems to work without any major bugs. I
didn't checked if the sound is working, after all, I am not confident
enough to read the commentary (i.e. I am not much confident with my
spoken English) :-D Only the area selection could be handled better, I
like the way it is done in xvidcap :-)

I found a bug in RecordMyDesktop, which currently is driving me towards Istanbul: when having gtk-RecordMyDesktop recording I am unable to move layers up/down in GIMP using drag & drop.