Re: F8 artwork

Máirín Duffy wrote:
Hi Marek!

Hey Mo,

Marek Mahut wrote:
I think it's a good idea. Why not involve schools for example? I know a very nice info-graphic school in Brussels, I'll drop them a mail, maybe they are interested to help.

This is a good idea; the one thing I am concerned about is that the artwork is produced using FOSS tools like Inkscape, Gimp, and Blender. When promoting the theme development process to groups outside of Fedora as a way to get them involved in Fedora, I suggest that you emphasize the use of FOSS tools.

I'm afraid that this is the biggest problem. Many school are using windowz or macosx with photoshop. Maybe not because it's better, but because the school has a partnership with that big software vendor. I'm pretty sure that children are using pirated versions of those softwares at home :(

Maybe this is far-fetched but I believe the artwork for Fedora should be used as a showcase to demonstrate what can be done with the tools available and shipped with Fedora.

Maybe some virtual workshop? With demos?

~m

--
Marek Mahut                    Tel.: +420-532-294-111 (ex. 826-2046)
Fedora Ambassador                              GSM: +420-731-076-674