Re: [FC7 theme proposal] Flying High with Fedora 7 - Round 2

John Baer wrote:
I posted a GRUB image for your consideration.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fc7ThemeProposalFlyingHighGrub

My thoughts are this image should be simple and the background color
should be black.

Sorry, but I think is excessively simple.

The boot process starts with a black background, proceeds to GRUB, then
starts RHGB with a black background.

With a two second pause anything other than black (or other dark color)
may be perceived as a flash.

Why not at GRUB switch to a Fedora blue background and never turn black again until the desktop is completely loaded (after GDM login)? That would require getting rid of the few text messages displayed between GRUB and RHGB.

As for the image itself anyone using a resolution greater than 640x480
will see an image expanded to fill the available space. The result is a
lost of clarity.

I tested this submission on my system (19" monitor) which displays
1280x1024 and I am pleased with the result.

I doubt your GRUB screen is shown in 1280x1024, I believe it is shown in 640x480 but full screen (so it fit the 19" monitor)

--
nicu