Re: Preview of new scaled down icons (was Re: New Icon Set...[echo]...)

On Wed, 2006-08-09 at 10:50 -0400, Diana Fong wrote:
> I thought at 24x24, the perspective and shadow still held pretty well.
> I've attached a portion of the screenshot mockups I've posted earlier to
> the wiki.  It is the earlier version to assess the feasibility of the
> project.
>
>  From David Neilsen's emails about sizes, I thought maybe the 24x24
> should be simplified as well...but...as I look back and forth between
> the two...I'm not really convinced.  I might also be staring at this
> stuff for much too long so...I'll just post the other version here for
> discussion.
>
> My feedback on the matter is...24x24 should remain in perspective, 16x16
> definitely simplified and "flat".  However there are also 18 and 22
> sizes...22 are usually used in the panel area.  In the attached mockup
> are also a few 22x22 icons on the upper right area of the panel.
> Dunno...I think they look ok as well.  Maybe the break down point is
> then at 18?

Well the office icon seems somewhat ambiguous, possibly making the pen
container somewhat bigger would help, also adding a slight outline would
help in my opinion.  Generally they don't look too bad, the rest are
identifiable as to what they are supposed to be.

Paul