Re: [Fwd: [Tango-artists] Re: Tango icons licensing]

Nicu Buculei wrote:
May I ask which license is recommended by FSF for artwork? Or which licenses for artwork are compatible with the GPL?

We have heard from a long time from CreativeCommons supporters that GPL is not a good license for artwork, being by design a license for code not for art (and this sound reasonable, we can't really talk about the source code of a PNG or OGG).

The next version of the CC licenses should be released soon (within a month, I heard at the Desktop Developers Conference last week). I understand the updates are intended to address some of these incompatibilities with GPL.

That said, I don't really know what I'm talking about.

Cheers,
Steven Garrity