Re: [Fwd: [Tango-artists] Re: Tango icons licensing]

Máirín Duffy wrote:
FYI, thought this was interesting.

May I ask which license is recommended by FSF for artwork? Or which licenses for artwork are compatible with the GPL?

We have heard from a long time from CreativeCommons supporters that GPL is not a good license for artwork, being by design a license for code not for art (and this sound reasonable, we can't really talk about the source code of a PNG or OGG).