Re: another seriously corrupt ext3 -- pesky journal

On Sun, Aug 24, 2003 at 10:21:42PM -0400, Erez Zadok wrote:
> Some of the options I'd like to see have to do with more redundancy:
> duplicate journal inode, duplicate journal data, etc.  If we take this step
> further, we're going to get a versioning f/s.  Has there been any discussion
> on this list about versioning some of the types of data in ext3 (or is that
> such a huge change, it's better left for the ext4-developers list. :-)

I'll save you the typing -- the logical endpoint of this discussion results
in Daniel Phillips's Tux2, which is unreleased (for patent reasons; shame that).

Reiser4, OTOH, may eventually provide similar functionality, though perhaps only
usable in the free (non-USA) world. :-/

Regards,

	Bill Rugolsky