Re: another seriously corrupt ext3 -- pesky journal

In message <20030825153831.GA2327@ti19>, "Bill Rugolsky Jr." writes:
[...]
> I'll save you the typing -- the logical endpoint of this discussion results
> in Daniel Phillips's Tux2, which is unreleased (for patent reasons; shame
> that).
>
> Reiser4, OTOH, may eventually provide similar functionality, though
> perhaps only usable in the free (non-USA) world. :-/
>
> Regards,
>
> 	Bill Rugolsky

So tux2 is not a viable OSS option.  (Too bad.  I just heard of it, and it's
already unusable to me.  :-)

Even if reiser4 does cover the US as well, I still think there's value in
getting the most popular and heavily used linux f/s, ext2/3, which is fully
GPL'ed, to support these stronger reliability features.

Erez.