Re: How come fsck still kicks in and reports major errors with Ext3?

Bryan Kadzban wrote:

> Hans Deragon (imap) wrote:
>

>> /dev/hdd1 /mnt/genericdata1 ext2 rw 0 0
>

> It seems that you weren't actually waiting for your root filesystem to
> fsck, but rather this one.  If partitions were mounted when power was
> lost, then all of them get checked out, not just the root -- and
> fsck'ed if they need it.  Since this partition was mounted (and
> formatted) ext2, it needed it.
>
> At least, that seems a likely (to me) cause of this.
>
> HTH

Nope.  Actually you are bringing another point.  That device seams to
never being checked.  I was discovered it was corrupted, but never
during the initialization process did fsck kicked in for this drive.

But I assure you that fsck kicked in for / which is configured ext3 as
far as I know.  I had to fix it manually and I specifically had to do
"fsck -y /dev/hda1", hda1 being the partition where / is found.

Thanks,
Hans Deragon