fsck forced on every system crash

On May 21, 2002  19:26 -0400, David Chase wrote:
> I seem to be just getting more and more lost.  I ran mkinitrd and over-wrote
> the existing .img file in /boot/ but it didn't seem to make a difference.
> Running "lsmod" confirms that ext3 is not loading, and "modprobe ext3" seems
> to work fine so it's not an issue with an uncompiled module.  I don't
> understand how this stuff works in any way; any chance I can impose on you
> for a slightly more detailed explanation on ensuring ext3 loads at boot?  Or
> if I need to RTFM some recommended reading would be appreciated.  Apologies
> and thanks very much for all the help you've offered...

Well, I don't use initrd, so I can't help you there.  By far the
simplest solution is to just compile ext3 into your kernel.  If you
are using it for your root filesystem it will always be loaded, and
using modules is slightly less efficient than code in the kernel.

Cheers, Andreas
--
Andreas Dilger