drbd + ext3 + interbase + data lost

On Wed, Mar 20, 2002 at 04:55:26PM +0000, Stephen C. Tweedie wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Mar 20, 2002 at 01:44:01PM -0300, Jo?o Alfredo wrote:
> > I was not there but the SysAdmin told me that the program aborted with
> > IO Error thew the file was just not there any more. He reboot the
> > machine to and the partition mounted ok but the file stil not there,
> > then he call me.
>
> Without more information, it's impossible to say whether this is a
> drbd, ext3, interbase or user error.

Also, depending on where the error was, it might be that there's
simply nothing that could have been done.  If the disk block that went
bad was in the inode table where the file inode was stored, unless
you're using RAID or the disk has block sparing enabled, there really
isn't much that you can expect that can be done to save you from that
kind of failure mode....

						- Ted