Ext3 vs. Reiser?

I've done Squid benchmarks, which the benchmark software license
prohibits publishing...But the short of it is that ReiserFS is still
about 15% faster for Squid workloads than the ext[2|3] family.  ext3 in
writeback mode actually seems to weather the load better than ext2 for
some reason though peak throughput is about the same (i.e. the Squid
process doesn't become hopelessly overloaded as quickly, but the point
at which it begins to degrade is roughly the same).

--
Joe Cooper <joe@swelltech.com>
http://www.swelltech.com