2GB of Waste? How can it be?

--xXmbgvnjoT4axfJE

On Mon, Feb 04, 2002 at 12:16:44PM -0800, IT3 Stuart Blake Tener, USNR-R wr=
ote:
> Mr. McVoy:
>=20
> 	In theory, I agree with your concerns about changing ext2/ext3,
> but stability ought not to be the reason to never improve things.
>=20
> 	With regard to ReiserFS, I don't see why allowing it to be
> installed that way, means it must be a supported configuration. RH could
> easily simply allow you to install in that manner, but support it via
> their technical support.
>=20
> 	I believe this choice was made, simply to promote ext3, not out
> of the need of users. Mandrake has its own set of issues, but I prefer
> RedHat for some other reasons, just think it could be improved if it
> allowed this function.

No, not at all. Many tests have shown that ext3 is by far the most stable
of the two. Not only does its filesystem structure have more chance of
surviving a hard crash, but the on-disk data has more chance of surviving
soft corruption.

--=20
-- Skylar Thompson (skylar@attglobal.net)

--xXmbgvnjoT4axfJE