What to do? Error:(Attempt to read block from filesystem resulted in short read) while doing inode scan.)

> This is why sometimes people will simply replace a disk on a drop of
> the hat as soon as they start seeing soft errors (i.e., warnings from
> the disk that there were read errors that were correctable using ECC),
> never mind the hard errors which you're clearly seeing here.  Their

Actually, quick follow up question.  If any, where should I see soft errors,
or hard errors reported?  I am on a stock redhat 7.2 install.

Do I need to log anything extra, or install something, etc?  I don't believe
that I have any errors in /var/log/messages?

Is it feasible that the hard errors I noted *could* have been caused by a
hard freeze on a machine running ext3.  Partial writes, etc?  Perhaps the
disk isn't failing?

Ed W