hard disk write buffer?

Hi,
	I've got a device that users will almost certainly be powering off
without shutting down.  I've got the hard disk in it (data only) setup
for ext3, but I'm wondering about data written to the hard disk that's
sitting in the hard disk's buffer.

	A few things I'm thinking about:
		Should I disable the hard disk write buffer, or does ext3 have a way
of dealing with it safely?
		Is there a use for the ext2 sync option anymore?  My suspicion is
that data=journal is just as safe, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks,
-Bill