"busy hang" on e2fsck (on a ext3 partition)

On Sun, Aug 25, 2002 at 03:05:26PM -0400, Stuffed Crust wrote:
> > Something else that would be useful would be to try running e2fsck
> > with the "-C 0" option, and let me know what the progress bar does
> > when it reaches "stage 2".
>
> This was with e2fsck 1.27, but I believe the progress bar locked at 70.6%.
> The little spinner also stopped.  I'll have to run it again to make
> sure; I'll do that once the e2image dump finishes.

Something really obvious to look at, which I should have mentione
earlier: You may want to check your kernel log files, or dmesg, right
after e2fsck hangs, and see if the device driver is reporting any
errors.  This could just be a simple bad block hardware problem.

						- Ted