Problems with ext3

Amit,

again thank you very much. You were right: from root i was able to mount the
partition, I did not need to repair it. Now, everything is running smooth (
and I do not know why  )

Well, but examining "tune2fs" I got only the old version, which has not the
option -j, although I had compiled and installed the new 1.27 version
_before_ I changed the ext2 to an ext3 partition. This means, that during the
crash recovery process, something has overrided at least the tune2fs 1.27
version with the old one. Could this happen because I run fsck manually  ? I
am runing a 2.4.18 self compiled kernel, but my original system is 2.4.4.

ext3 is built-in in the kernel, not a module.

I do not have a /linuxrc ( I am running SuSE ). Mount statements are afaik
only in fstab and were changed to ext3

Regards, Edgar

--
Dr.-Ing. Edgar Alwers