How to decide mode and journal size?

?? ?? wrote:
> I am using it for file-server, mail-spool, print-server, and nfs-server.
> Many clients are accessing to it. Then latency is more important feature.
>
> Huuum.
> I decided that mode=orderd is the best choce.  :-)
>
> How about a journal size?
> Default value is the best choice?
I would not say so.
A simpler way is to run mke2fs with a -n, send the output across to the
list.
On the other hand, assuming a ordered journal and a blocksize of 4K,
8192 blocks imply 36MB for the journal. I would suggest assuming an
average disk usage of 50%, start with 256 MB for the journal size.
Disclaimer: This is a back of envelope calculation.

You can always change it later using tune2fs -J size=nnn, where nnn i fs
blocks.

Regards
Amit

FYI: You reply-to email address does not show up correcly in english
mail clients, I use mozilla on x86 linux and your name shows up in a
non-english characters.